01 February 2023
‘The Upper Cuts’, the seminal 2005 album by Alan Braxe is to be released on DSPs for the first time ever, out 31st March via Smugglers Way.
The album features now-iconic tracks such as Stardust’s ‘Music Sounds Better With You’ (made with vocalist Benjamin Diamond and Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter), one of the most influential electronic music tracks of all time. Other highly influential tracks such as ‘Intro’ and ‘In Love With You’ - the album was met with widespread critical acclaim and commercial success across the globe.
This special release will be the first time the original album has been available in full on digital platforms, and will feature six bonus tracks of rare and unreleased music by Braxe - including his beloved remix of Britney Spears’ 2001 single ‘Anticipating’ and brand new track ‘True Love’. His instrumental with Fred Falke, ‘You’ll Stay In My Heart’, is also featured, having never officially been released previously.
Full tracklist for Alan Braxe’s ‘The Upper Cuts’ is as follows:
1. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Most Wanted
2. The Paradise - In Love With You
3. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
4. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro
5. Shakedown - At Night (Alan Braxe Remix)
6. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Love Lost
7. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Palladium
8. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Arena
9. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Rubicon
10. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Penthouse Serenade
11. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Chrystal City - Bonus Track
12. Alan Braxe - Voices (Remastered 2022) - Bonus Track
13. Britney Spears - Anticipating (Alan Braxe Remix) - Bonus Track
14. Alan Braxe - One More Chance (Feat. The Spimes) [Redux] - Bonus Track (new version)
15. Alan Braxe - True Love - Bonus Track (new song)
16. Alan Braxe - Never Coming Back (Feat. Annie) [12 “ Dub Version] - Bonus Track (new song)
17. Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - You'll Stay In My Heart (Instrumental) (Remastered 2022) - Bonus Track (never had an official release)
The Upper Cuts is a classic work of house music history that can still light up a dance floor; a work of sadness and joy; darkness and light; profundity and release. If you want to know how Braxe helped to create a new template for the French house sound in the early 2000s, right when French house needed it most; or how Braxe’s gorgeously clean productions and evocative synth melody provided a bridge between the first wave of French house and the Ed Banger / Justice / Kitsuné axis that followed; then your answer starts here.
Braxe has also just been announced to perform alongside DJ Falcon at Ed Banger Records’ twentieth anniversary celebrations at London’s Printworks on Friday 3rd March.
The Upper Cuts (2023 Edition) will be available for the first time as an album on DSPs and will be available in black vinyl, limited edition coloured vinyl, and CD on March 31st.