On April 3rd it will be Hollywood icon Doris Day's 88th birthday and to celebrate here are 8 little known facts about the lady herself:
1. Doris famed for her distinctive voice was in fact named after famous silent film actress Doris Kenyon.
2. Despite starring 39 films, Doris has never won an Academy Award.
3. Doris' childhood dream was to be a dancer but a car accident damaged her legs, rendering that dream impossible. The Dancing World's loss was most definitely the Silver Screen and Music Industry's gain.
4. In 1945 'Sentimental Journey' became Doris' first hit and an anthem of WWII. It's iconic status lead to it becoming the first song to enter the Grammy Hall of Fame.
5. As a singer Doris Day has released over 29 albums, spent over 460 weeks in the Top 40 and won a Grammy for Lifetime Achievement.
6. Another of Doris' legendary hits 'Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps' reappeared in the UK Charts in 1994 after featuring in Baz Luhrmann's 'Strictly Ballroom' as well as being the theme tune for TV Show 'Coupling'
7. In 2011 Ms Day became the oldest female artist to have a top ten album in the UK Chart with 'My Heart'.
8. Doris Day was one of the leading founder of 'Actors & Others for Animals' the first kind of agency to protect the furry stars of Hollywood and retirement from the limelight has allowed her to pursue many charitable causes.
'Doris Day the Ultimate Collection' is out 12th March featuring all her hits from 'Oops' to 'Deadwood Stage', 'Move Over Darling' to 'Que Sera Sera'.