added: 12 Jul 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
This photo of The Rolling Stones by world famous photographer Rankin was taken in London yesterday to mark the 50th anniversary of the Rollin' Stones first ever live performance on 12 July 1962 at the iconic venue on London's Oxford Street, see setlist below.
The Rolling Stones will celebrate the 12th July with the release of the official book Rolling Stones 50, published by Thames & Hudson, which draws on a wealth of rare and unseen material and is packed with superb reportage photography, contact sheets, negative strips, outtakes and so much more, from every period in the band's history
A photo exhibition of photos from Rolling Stones 50 will take place at London's Somerset House from 13 July-27 August.
A brand new Rolling Stones documentary film, directed by Brett Morgan, will be released in November
When the Rolling Stones played their very first show on this day 50 years ago (July 12, 1962), they didn't play one original song. The entire show was covers of their favorite blues and R&B songs.
The setlist for the very first Rolling Stones show from the Marquee 50 years ago was:
- Kansas City (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
- Baby What's Wrong (Willie Dixon)
- Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann)
- Bright Lights, Big City (Jimmy Reed/Mary Lee Reed)
- Dust My Blues (Elmore James)
- Down The Road Apiece (Tony Raye)
- I'm A Love You (Jimmy Reed)
- Bad Boy (Eddy Taylor)
- I Ain't Got You (Calvin Carter)
- Hush-Hush (Jimmy Reed)
- Ride 'Em On Down (Eddy Taylor)
- Back In The USA (Chuck Berry)
- Kind Of Lonesome (Jimmy Reed)
- Blues Before Sunrise (Elmore James)
- Big Boss Man (Luther Dixon/Al Smith)
- Don't Stay Out All Night (Billy Boy Arnold)
- Tell Me That You Love Me (Jimmy Reed)
- Happy Home (Elmore James)
Thursday 12 July 2012: The Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts & Ronnie Wood) in front of The Marquee Club London.
This photo of The Rolling Stones by world famous photographer Rankin was taken in London today to mark the 50th anniversary of the Rollin' Stones first ever live performance on 12 July 1962 at the iconic venue on London's Oxford Street.