added: 30 Sep 2011 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
At last night's BT Digital Music Awards, chart-topping band JLS not only won Best Group for the second year running, but at the same time snapped up the accolade for Best Video, in association with BT Vision, for their track with Tinie Tempah ' Eyes Wide Shut. Jessie J walked away with Best Female Artist, Best Newcomer and Best Song, with heartthrob Olly Murs clinching the title for Best Male Artist.
Among the winners announced on stage at The Roundhouse in Camden was Adele for Best Independent Artist, who is sweeping up awards this year, along with hotly tipped Bruno Mars who walked away with the award for Best International Artist. Kaiser Chiefs came up top for Best Artist Promotion for the launch of their latest album The Future is Medieval, which let fans create their own version of the album and sell it on to their friends.
The competition for the 2011 awards was fiercer than ever before, with 20 awards up for grabs. Presenters Caroline Flack and Rufus Hound revealed Ed Sheeran, who performed on the night, won the award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year, a title won last year by Professor Green.
Marina and the Diamonds, Nicola Roberts, Maverick Sabre, Charlie Simpson and Rizzle Kicks also performed on the night.
For the last month, band and fans sites have been putting themselves forward to be shortlisted in the People's Choice Awards, by downloading an interactive 'voting button', enabling website visitors to vote directly for the site. Fan website coldpaying.com, and official band website coldplay.com, both won over the voters this year for Best Fan Site for an Artist and Best Official Site for an Artist respectively.
In the categories decided by official judges, Coca-Cola Music ' 24 Hour Session with Maroon 5, picked up the award for Best Event. Meanwhile, BBC Radio 1 Online and YouTube won awards for Best Place to Discover Music and Best Place to Hear Music.
Full list of winners:
• Best Male Artist in association with the Daily Star Playlist Winner: Olly Murs
• Best Female Artist in association with Sugarscape Winner: Jessie J
• Best Group in association with Clickmusic Winner: JLS
• Best International Artist or Group in association with RWD Winner: Bruno Mars
• Best Independent Artist or Group in association with I Like Music Winner: Adele
• Best Newcomer in association with Last.fm Winner: Jessie J
• Best Song in association with Gigwise Winner: Jessie J ft BOB ' Price Tag
• Best Video in association with BT Vision Winner: JLS with Tinie Tempah ' Eyes Wide Shut
• Best Place To Discover Music Winner: Radio 1 online
• Best Place To Hear Music Winner: YouTube
• Best Place To Buy Music Winner: iTunes
• Best Music App Winner: Orange Glastonbury 2011 app
• Best Event Winner: Coca-Cola Music ' 24 Hour Session with Maroon 5
• Best Artist Promotion Winner: Kaiser Chiefs ' The Future is Medievil album launch
• Best Radio Show or Podcast Winner: The Adam & Joe Show
• Breakthrough Artist of the Year Winner: Ed Sheeran
• Artist of the Year in association with Digital Spy Winner: The Streets
• Best Innovation or Gadget Winner: SoundCloud
• People's Choice Award for Best Official Site for an Artist Winner: coldplay.com
• People's Choice Award for Best Fan Site for an Artist Winner: coldplaying.com
You can catch all the action when the awards are broadcast on ITV2 on Monday October 3 at 10pm and Friday October 7 at 7pm. If you're not in don't forget to set BT Vision to record. BT is dedicated to enabling the digital media marketplace and committed to developing and producing cutting-edge technology.
Stay updated with your free Music News daily newsletter. Subscribe here now!