added: 14 Jan 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Another country, another town, another place, the greatest road warriors in rock have once again bled their sweat all over another stage. A sold-out crowd roars their approval. Here we go: Lemmy steps up to the mike.
'WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD ! . . . AND WE PLAY ROCK'N'ROLL !'
In celebration of their 35 years on the road, on January 24th Motörhead Music/UDR is proud to present: The Wörld Is Ours-Vol 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else, a blistering DVD containing some of the finest moments from the tour, including the entire performance from Chile's Teatro Caupolican, shot and filmed in classic black and white by Banger Films and Sam Dunn (Iron Maiden Flight 666, Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage). Mixed by the band's long-time producer Cameron Webb, The Wörld Is Ours - Vol 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else is stuffed with the classics Motörfans demand, from 'Overkill' to 'Ace Of Spades' to 'Killed By Death' as well as some old gems like 'Over The Top' and new favorites such as 'I Know How To Die.'
As well as this epic Motörperformance, exciting numbers from the shows in Manchester and New York are also included on the triple-disc digipack set, along with a series of extensive, in depth and exclusive interviews with the band, a bonus double live CD of the Chile show (incl. selected tracks from NY & Manchester), plus a superbly photographed booklet documenting life on the road during the tour.
On January 26, Motörhead make their return to the U.S. and Canada on the multi-bill festival, GIGANTOUR, with Megadeth, Volbeat and Lacuna Coil. Gigantour is a chance to tour with like-minded artists 'that play heavy music in a high-energy environment,' says Dave Mustaine. The tour will kick off on Jan. 26 in Camden, NJ and run through Feb. 28 in Denver, and will include stops in NY (Jan. 28) and Los Angeles (Feb. 24).
In other Motörhead news:
- Lemmy, The Movie, the film about Motörhead's iconic frontman, won Best Film/DVD at the recent Classic Rock Awards in the U.K. and has also received an RIAA Gold sales award in North America.
- Paul Inder, Lemmy's son, runs a successful recording studio in Los Angeles, Inder Music Studios, where Lemmy has been known to work. Says Paul, 'Everyone who has come here so far loves the vibe of the place.'
- In last month's issue of Revolver Magazine, the cover story was dedicated to the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars, with Lemmy (of course) among the greats.
- In CMJ's 2011 year-end charts, Motörhead's CD, The World Is Yours, was number one on the Loud Rock chart. Upon the record's release, it spent six weeks at number one on this chart, which is the longest that Motörhead has held that position at radio. Number One!
- We recently told you about Motörhead wine. (Their Shiraz got great reviews: 'A fairly grown-up wine ' can taste the fruitiness. A panel favorite.' And 'A red wine that's 'Aces.') Now comes Motörhead Vodka. It's a premium, 80 proof Vodka made from 100% locally grown wheat that has been distilled and bottled in Sweden. It has a rich, full-bodied and complex character, with a light and fruity aftertaste. One reviewer said, 'That's how women sometimes describe Lemmy.'
- In Duff McKagan's ESPN.com weekly column, he recently wrote about his band, Loaded, opening for Motörhead in Germany. He says, 'Being here on the road with Motörhead is to get an awe-inspiring peek into legend. Their consistancy remains a sort of explosive touchstone for all of us who need to be reminded of what is real and true and honest about rock music. Lemmy is still more on top of his game than five 20-year olds combined. If you get a chance to see this band, don't even try to think twice about it. They are the very best of what it is all about.it's like going to rock and roll church.'
- Motörhead were recently nominated for a Shorty Award, honoring the best of social media, recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short form content across the social Web.
- Lemmy performed with Camp Freddy on their last 2011 show, which took place at the at the world famous Roxy on the Sunset Strip on the day before Lemmy's 66th birthday. Participating in the tribute to Lemmy that night were Slash, Matt Sorum, John Lydon, among others, and also included birthday greetings from Ozzy.
- Lemmy will be part of a Ronnie James Dio tribute album which will be out later this year.
- And finally, two German scientists/academics discovered Motörhead in recent years and wrote an article about them, saying: 'This band is loud and fresh, hard and relevant.Motörhead are the hardest trio of the rock world.The band is rocking.'