added: 27 Jul 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
The countdown is on. In just under 24 hours, 60,000 spectators will be enjoying Danny Boyle's opening ceremony at the Olympic Stadium in East London and millions will be tuning in around the globe to enjoy the most spectacular world stage of human endeavour.
From Bradley Wiggins to Victoria Pendleton and Tom Daley, each British athlete has a tune which can ready them for the ultimate challenge and spur them to victory.
PRS for Music, the organisation which collects royalties on behalf of 90,000 songwriters and performers, polled its members for their Top Twenty Tracks of My Cheers. The results are the perfect soundtrack to get you pumped and ready for a thrilling and competitive few weeks.
Most Sporting Songs Chart
1. Jump ' Van Halen
2. Start Me Up ' Rolling Stones
3. Higher & Higher ' Jackie Wilson
4. Gold ' Spandau Ballet
5. Thriller ' Michael Jackson
6. Wake Me Up! ' Wham!
7. The Winner Takes It All ' Abba
8. Silver Machine ' Hawkwind
9. We Are the Champions ' Queen
10. Shine ' Take That
11. Tracks of My Tears ' Smokey Robinson
12. The Long & Winding Road ' The Beatles
13. Eye of the Tiger ' Survivor
14. Simply the Best ' Tina Turner
15. Jump Around ' House of Pain
16. Gonna Fly Now ' From Rocky
17. Another One Bites The Dust ' Queen
18. Don't Stop Believin' ' Journey
19. Chariots of Fire (Theme)
20. We Will Rock You ' Queen