Advertisements

News

George Michael denies Wham reunion 

added: 21 Jun 2012 // by: VVN Music 

George-Michael-denies-Wham-reunion Printable version

Yesterday, the Daily Mirror in the U.K. announced that George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley had decided to reform Wham! for a one-time show.

'George and Andrew have often said their Club Tropicana days are well behind them. But seeing as their anniversary coincides with George releasing new material, it's one of those 'now or never' moments,' an insider told the newspaper.

'They probably won't do a long tour or release new material like Take That but they do want to commemorate the event with a big gig. and an even bigger party afterwards!

'Things are still in the early stages but everybody is getting really excited about it.'

Today, a spokesman for George Michael has issued a statement saying that no such reunion is being planned. 'I wish I could say it was true but these are just rumours. George is touring on his own and he is releasing an album. Yes, this is a denial.'

Andrew has chosen to shun the limelight since the disbanding of Wham! while George has enjoyed a solo career.

The singer was hospitalised with pneumonia in Austria last year while performing a series of shows for the first time in three years. He is now back to health and getting his music career back on track with new track White Light.

He is excited for his comeback.

'On June 29 it will be 30 years to the day that Wham Rap, our first single, entered the charts,' he previously said.

'To celebrate, I'm releasing my new song. I dreamed of a career as a singer/songwriter from an early age but never could I have known I'd still be here 30 years later, with much more music to give.'

Have Your Say

Get our free BREAKING NEWS email for Music News and Film News. And subscribe to our YouTube channel now!

Share this news story:

Also find us on:


> For more Music-News stories click here

Comments


Bookmark this news story:

Advertisement

Advertisement