closing date: 10 Aug 2012
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN
JUST ANNOUNCED TWO SPECIAL INTIMATE LONDON SHOWS ' AUGUST 2012, PLUS MORE 2012 UK DATES
THIN LIZZY RELEASE CLASSIC ALBUM SELECTION
BOX SET INCLUDING THE BACK CATALOGUE
NIGHTLIFE, FIGHTING, JAILBREAK, JOHNNY THE FOX ,BAD REPUTATION & BLACK ROSE
Release Date: 6th August 2012
Lizzy is one of rock music's most recognisable names. The fiery Dublin band exploded onto the scene with a fresh sound, look and attitude. Lead by the incomparable Phil Lynott, the band reached many peaks and influenced generations of musicians with classic tracks such as 'Jailbreak', 'The Boys Are Back In Town', 'Still In Love With You', 'Cold Sweat', 'Emerald' and 'Don't Believe A Word'. Most rock historians would agree the pinnacle of their commercial success was in 1983, followed by the bands' premature demise, as they played their last gig in September of 1984. Just two years later, the world was shocked when singer/bassist and founding member Phil Lynott passed away at the age of thirty six.
Twenty six years have passed, the world has changed, but the amazing body of work that is Thin Lizzy still retains all of its vibrancy and influence. A new lineup has formed to take Lizzy's music to a whole new generation of music fans. Led by alumni Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and Darren Wharton (all of whom played in Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott) the stellar lineup is completed by guitarist Damon Johnson (Brother Cane, Alice Cooper), Bassist Marco Mendoza (Whitesnake, Ted Nugent) and The Almighty's Ricky Warwick on vocals and guitar.
THIN LIZZY ANNOUNCE TWO LONDON SHOWS!
Thin Lizzy are pleased to announce two very special intimate London shows 'for the fans' at Chelsea's Under The Bridge venue at Stamford Bridge football ground as part the special Irish themed shows during the Olympics. The show dates are August 7th & 8th 2012.
Scott Gorham commented 'After having a phenomenal year and a half on the road, including some great shows with Guns n' Roses last month, we jumped at the chance to play a couple of dates at the London Irish Village 2012 at Under the Bridge to give something back to the London fans who have been so loyal to us. These are intimate shows in a state of the art venue with very limited tickets available, and will be our only London shows for the rest of this year, so will be very special. We may even throw in a surprise or two!'
Tickets are £29.50 General Admission and £60.00 VIP plus fees where applicable
Tickets are available Friday 6th July at 9am from www.ticketweb.co.uk
These dates are add to the3 existing 2012 UK dates - below
Thin Lizzy UK Dates 2012
Tuesday 7th Aug Under The Bridge, London
Wed 8th Aug Under the Bridge, London
Friday 17th August Sands Centre, Carlisle
Saturday 18th August Belsonic Festioval, Belfast, N Ireland
Thursday 29th Nov O2 Academy, Bournemouth
Friday 30th Nov Cliff's Pavilion, Southend
Saturday 1st Dec University Great Hall, Exeter
Monday 3rd Dec UEA LCR, Norwich
Tuesday 4th Dec Colston Hall, Bristol
Wednesday 5th Dec Empire, Middlesborough
Friday 7th Dec O2 Academy, Liverpool
Saturday 8th Dec HMV Picture House, Edinburgh
Sunday 9th Dec Rock City, Nottingham
Tuesday 11th Dec HMV Institute, Birmingham
For Ticket info please visit here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Thin-Lizzy-tickets/artist/840376
THIN LIZZY RELEASE CLASSIC ALBUM SELECTION
Thin Lizzy have teamed up with USM to release the ultimate box set featuring all their hit albums:
Nightlife is the fourth studio album by Irish band Thin Lizzy, released in 1974, and produced by Ron Nevison and Phil Lynott. It features the hit singles 'Still in Love with You', 'Philomena' and 'Sha La La'
1. "She Knows" (Scott Gorham, Lynott) ' 5:13
2. "Night Life" ' 3:57
3. "It's Only Money" ' 2:47
4. "Still in Love with You" ' 5:40
5. "Frankie Carroll" ' 2:02
6. "Showdown" ' 4:32
7. "Banshee" ' 1:27
8. "Philomena" ' 3:41
9. "Sha La La" (Brian Downey, Lynott) ' 3:27
10. "Dear Heart" ' 4:35
Fighting is the fifth studio album, released in 1975. After spending four albums trying to find their niche, the band finally forged an identifiable sound with hit singles 'Rosalie' and 'For Those Who Love To Live'.It set the stage for the big commercial breakthrough of the follow-up album, Jailbreak.
1. "Rosalie" (Bob Seger) ' 3:11
2. "For Those Who Love to Live" (Brian Downey, Phil Lynott) ' 3:08
3. "Suicide" (Lynott) ' 5:12
4. "Wild One" (Lynott) ' 4:18
5. "Fighting My Way Back" (Lynott) ' 3:12
6. "King's Vengeance" (Scott Gorham, Lynott) ' 4:08
7. "Spirit Slips Away" (Lynott) ' 4:35
8. "Silver Dollar" (Brian Robertson) ' 3:26
9. "Freedom Song" (Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:32
10. "Ballad of a Hard Man" (Gorham) ' 3:14
Jailbreak released in 1976. It proved to be the band's commercial breakthrough in the US. The singles include "Jailbreak" and "The Boys Are Back in Town", the latter being Thin Lizzy's biggest hit to date. The album achieved Gold status in the UK, Canada and the US.
1. "Jailbreak" ' 4:01
2. "Angel from the Coast" (Lynott, Brian Robertson) ' 3:03
3. "Running Back" ' 3:13
4. "Romeo and the Lonely Girl" ' 3:55
5. "Warrior" (Lynott, Scott Gorham) ' 4:09
6. "The Boys Are Back in Town" ' 4:27
7. "Fight or Fall" ' 3:45
8. "Cowboy Song" (Lynott, Brian Downey) ' 5:16
9. "Emerald" (Gorham, Downey, Robertson, Lynott) ' 4:03
Johnny The Fox
Johnny The Fox released in 1976. Johnny the Fox continued Lizzy's rise to iconic status. "Don't Believe a Word" was a British hit single, and the album achieved gold status again.
1. "Johnny" ' 4:18
2. "Rocky" (Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:43
3. "Borderline" (Lynott, Brian Robertson) ' 4:37
4. "Don't Believe a Word" ' 2:18
5. "Fools Gold" ' 3:53
6. "Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed" (Downey, Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:36
7. "Old Flame" ' 3:05
8. "Massacre" (Downey, Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:01
9. "Sweet Marie" (Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:58
10. "Boogie Woogie Dance" ' 3:06
Bad Reputation is the eighth studio album released in 1977. The singles 'Bad Reputation' and 'Dancing In The Moonlight' once again proved hit in the British charts. Bad Reputation like the previous two albums reached Gold Status again in the UK
1. "Soldier of Fortune" ' 5:18
2. "Bad Reputation" (Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:09
3. "Opium Trail" (Downey, Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:58
4. "Southbound" ' 4:27
5. "Dancing in the Moonlight (It's Caught Me in Its Spotlight)" ' 3:26
6. "Killer Without a Cause" (Gorham, Lynott) ' 3:33
7. "Downtown Sundown" ' 4:08
8. "That Woman's Gonna Break Your Heart" ' 3:25
9. "Dear Lord" (Gorham, Lynott) ' 4:26
Black Rose Released in 1979 was another game changer for the band, it has been described as one of the band's "greatest, most successful albums". Achieving gold status once again and shooting to number 2 in the UK charts it truly cemented Thin Lizzy as one of the biggest bands in rock music and the world.
1. 'Do Anything You Want To' (Lynott) ' 3:53
2. 'Toughest Street In Town' (Lynott, Gorham, Moore) ' 4:01
3. 'S&M' (Lynott, Downey) ' 4:05
4. 'Waiting For An Alibi' (Lynott) ' 3:30
5. 'Sarah' (Lynott, Moore) ' 3:33
6. 'Got To Give It Up' (Lynott, Gorham) ' 4:24
7. 'Get Out Of Here' (Lynott, Midge Ure) ' 3:37
8. 'With Love' (Lynott) ' 4:38
9. 'Róisín Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend' (Lynott, Moore) ' 7:06
1) Follow us at then tweet "I want to win THIN LIZZY BOX SET! @musicnewsweb"
2) Like us on and comment "I want to win THIN LIZZY BOX SET"
3.)Send an email with THIN LIZZY BOX SET! in the subject line to email@example.com including your name, address and telephone number.
It's that simple! Best of luck!
To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs/DVDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning FILM NEWS facebook page . And double your chances by following us on www.film-news.co.uk Twitter
For all DVD, film premiere tickets and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here..