An expert panel of industry mentors and judges will support, develop and promote the careers of the three winners.
Across the programme, artists will receive one-to-one mentoring and masterclasses that cover every aspect needed to help launch a career from management to publishing, A&R to radio-play, song-writing to PR. The lot.
Pirate Studios will supplement this with unlimited free use of their “impressive and innovative rehearsal facilities” (Clash Magazine), studio time with professional engineers whose credits include Florence and The Machine, Wolf Alice and Fun Lovin’ Criminals , free video production, expert branding and marketing advice as well as promotion across Pirate Studios’ extensive and growing social media channels.
The winners will secure festival slots as well as a guaranteed audience with top-level industry A&R at three invite only shows taking place across the UK in the summer.
In short, these artists will be given everything they need to take their career to the next level.
‘Pirate Studios are a blessing to bands right now’ Carl Barât
Mentors providing support and masterclasses:
● Chris Cooke (Co-Founder, MD and Business Editor, CMU)
● Clive Drew (PR Manager, PPL)
● Craig Evans (Managing Director, Flying Vinyl)
● David Bianchi and John Dawkins (Various Artists - Clients inc. Charli XCX, The
Libertines, Bill Ryder-Jones)
● Katie Gwyther (Fear PR - clients inc Public Enemy, Liam Gallagher, Gary Numan, The
● Will Spencer (Account Manager, Music Glue)
● Gordon Smart (Presenter, Radio X and Red Stripe’s This Feeling TV)
● Lyndsey Boggis (Former Creative Director, BBC - Now booking The Great Escape)
● Mark Bennett (United Talent Agency - Clients inc Fickle Friends, Milburn and Saint
● Mikey Jonns (This Feeling)
● Mike Walsh (Head of Music, Radio X)
● Simon Pursehouse (Director of Music Services, Sentric)
As well as the above, judges include:
● Kate Nash (BRIT & NME Awards Winner)
● Adam Read (New Music Editor, MTVUK and MTV Rocks)
● Becky Ayres (COO, Sound City)
● Darren Broome (Radio plugger, Lost Agency PR)
● Elspeth Pierce (Writer, Metro - Presenter on Radio X and Soho Radio)
● Jacob Rickard (Producer for Huw Stephens, BBC Radio 1)
● John Doran ( Editor and co-founder of the Quietus. Writer & broadcaster for VICE, the Guardian & BBC radio and TV )
● Jude Rogers (Journalist, The Guardian, Observer, New Statesman)
● Shannon Cotton (Deputy Editor, Gigwise)
● Shell Zenner (Presenter, Amazing Radio)
● Yaw Owusu ( Artist Manager, Creative Director, A&R - NBTM, LIMF Academy,
● Monday 19th February at 15:00: Doors open for submissions atwww.piratestudios.co.uk/prodigy
● Monday 19th March 15:00: Deadline for submissions
● Thursday 29th March - Thursday 12th April: The top 20 artists will be put to a public vote
● Monday 16th April: The top 6 artists, as chosen by the public will be announced. All 6 will
be invited in to record a professional video at Pirate Studios
● Monday 30th April - Wednesday 16th May: The 6 finalists’ video performances will be judged by both the public and industry experts
● Friday 18th May: The 3 winners are announced
● Thursday 31st May: Invite-only show with guaranteed A&R presence at Pirate Studios,
● Friday 1st June: Invite-only show with guaranteed A&R presence at Pirate Studios,
● Saturday 2nd June: Invite-only show with guaranteed A&R presence at Pirate Studios,
Pirate Studios operates 150 studios across 14 UK locations . As the network of studios has grown, a thriving Pirate community of bands, musicians and DJs has flourished, all utilising an innovative self-service model. In 2018 Pirate will launch another 10 UK locations, as well as move into Germany and the USA.
‘This is the kind of place that’s great ... for bands that want to speak to each other and be part of a scene.’
Dave McCabe, The Zutons
● To enter, all you need to do is head to www.piratestudios.co.uk/prodigy
and have the one track that best represents your band ready to submit. Be aware these will be transferred to Soundcloud for the public vote. Doors open 15:00 19/02/18.
● To apply for tickets at the exclusive, winners’ gigs, contact email@example.com
"This is an unbelievable opportunity for emerging British acts that need that extra help to break through”
David Bianchi, Various Artists Management (Charli XCX, The Libertines, Tom Grennan)
“ Pirate Studios is amazing for emerging artists across the world. The Pirate Prodigies programme offers a great opportunity, I'm looking forward to hearing the talent that comes through.”
Kate Nash, BRIT & NME Awards Winner
“We have 25,000+ musicians in our community, a lot are producing amazing music. We find it incredible some of these guys aren’t already household names so we thought it would be awesome if we could be the ones to give them a helping hand.”
David Borrie, Co-Founder Pirate Studios
In a world where everyone is looking for their cut of the next up-and-coming talent, Pirate Studios are looking to give it all back to the artists. Teaming up with some of the most influential people in the music industry, including some of the names behind the likes of Liam Gallagher , Charli XCX and The Libertines , Pirate Studios will help launch the careers of the three strongest emerging acts through their Pirate Prodigy Programme .