Spotify reveals the most influential couples in music history, based on analysing the total combined streams for each artist.
The newest couple on the block, Bajan pop princess Rihanna and Drake have been crowned the world’s most popular couple, with Rihanna also holding second spot following on from her ill-fated relationship with Chris Brown.
Fresh from announcing their joint tour, the powerhouse that are Jay Z and Beyoncé take third place, where they are joined by their close personal friends, fresh from ‘conscious uncoupling’, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, who take eleventh place.
Ahead of the biggest wedding in hip hop history, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (who unknown to many has had over 200,000 streams with her single, Jam (Turn It Up) also feature in eighth place on the hot list, ahead of Kanye’s label mate Rita Ora, who has grabbed tenth slot with EDM beau, Calvin Harris.
Spotify Top Twenty Power Couples
1. Rihanna and Drake
2. Rihanna and Chris Brown
3. Jay Z and Beyonce
4. Katy Perry and John Mayer
5. Harry Styles and Taylor Swift
6. Ellie Goulding and Skrillex
7. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
8. Taylor Swift and John Mayer
9. Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
10. Rita Ora and Calvin Harris
11. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
12. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards
13. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake
14. Usher and Chili (TLC)
15. Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger
16. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline
17. Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley
18. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony
19. Avril Lavigne and Deryck Whibley (Sum 41)
20. Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas
Check out Spotify"s Ultimate Power Couples playlist.