When Loretta Lynn realized that a candle had fallen over and ignited a chair in her home, she did what she has always done, took charge and put it out.
The 81-year-old country icon received minor burns to her fingers while beating out the fire in her Hurricane Hills, TN home with a pillow.
Firefighters were called to Lynn's home, a smaller structure on the property where the antebellum mansion where she once lived now serves as a museum. Nashville TV station WTVF sent their news helicopter to the scene which reported that all the windows in the house were open and a charred chair was on the front porch. It is assumed that the damage was confined to the chair.
Lynn's ranch includes the museum, a motocross track, lodging, restaurants and a recording studio, none of which were damaged in this incident; however, a year ago a fire destroyed a concession stand and damaged two other buildings on the property.
More from VVN Music