National Citizen Service (NCS) has today announced that rising star Nina Nesbitt is to headline a massive free gig at London’s iconic O2 Academy Brixton on Saturday 1st March.
Also added to the line-up is new music talent Olivia Sebastianelli and folk inspired four-piece Colour The Atlas. They will join Elli Ingram, Joel Compass, Neon Jungle and Swiss Lips to perform at ‘NCS YES Live. Miquita Oliver and Will Best have also been confirmed to host the event, which will be broadcast on 4 Music.
NCS YES Live is a celebratory live music event inspired by young people, for young people. As well as spectacular performances from some of the UK’s emerging music stars, it will honour six inspirational individuals from Film, Music, Fashion, Sport, Business and the Digital sphere chosen by a panel of experts and graduates of NCS 2013 programmes.
The shows headliner, Nina, who’s album ‘Peroxide’ is hotly tipped to reach #1 this weekend, is also in the running to be named 'Inspiration in Music' in the NCS YES Live poll.
Voting has begun to find six young people who most inspire teenagers of today. The shortlist for ‘Inspiration in Music’ includes four individuals chosen by KISS FM and one additional contender chosen by graduates of 2013 NCS programmes.
Nina has been picked as the NCS grads vote, showing how young people are now even more in tune with recognising up and coming talent and are willing to champion those they feel are an inspiration.
INSPIRATION IN FASHION
Curated by Henry Holland, Fashion Designer
1. Ashley Williams, designer
2. Hannah Williams, designer
3. Malaika Firth, model
4. Tinie Tempah, designer
5. Ben Crane, Beeclo.com (Grad / NCS vote)
INSPIRATION IN MUSIC
Curated by Kiss
1. Krept & Konan
2. Ella Eyre
3. Joel Compass
4. Raleigh Ritchie
5. Nina Nesbitt (Grad / NCS vote)
INSPIRATION IN FILM
Curated by Mark Dolan (Sky Movies presenter) and Empire (Online Deputy Editor, Helen O’Hara)
1. Yasmin Paige, actor
2. Will Poulter, actor
3. Charlie Lyne, director
4. Kaya Scodelaria, actor
5. Daniel Kaluuya, actor (Grad / NCS vote)
INSPIRATION IN SPORT
Curated by Max Rushden & Jeanette Kwakye
1. 4 x 100 women’s relay team - Desiree Henry, Dina Asher Smith, Yasmin Miller, Steffi Wilson.
2. Gareth Bale, football
3. Hannah Cockroft MBE
4. Ben Stokes, cricket
5. Tom Daley, diving (Grad / NCS vote)
INNOVATION IN BUSINESS
Curated by Propercorn
1. Gandys Flip Flops (Grad / NCS vote)
A hardware device that transforms the users TV into an easy to use video calling device.
3. Nick D'Alsoiso, founder of Summly
4. Jamal Edwards, founder of SBTV at the age of 15.
5. Sebastian Thiel, social entrepreneur and film director. DIGITAL INNOVATOR
Curated by Believe…in
1. Nick D’Aloisio, founder of Summly (Grad / NCS vote)
2. Lily Cole, model and Founder of Impossible.com
A hardware device that transforms the users TV into an easy to use video calling device
4. Education Apps
5. Patrick & John Collison; founders of Stripe.com
SIGN UP, VOTE, REGISTER @ NCSyes.co.uk