The Wanted boys apparently feel "shafted" by Max George.
News the band were taking a break shocked their fans last month, but they will still embark on their Word of Mouth Tour, starting on February 14.
Max, 25, spoke out about the split recent, claiming he and Nathan Sykes were more "prepared" than other members Tom Parker, Siva Kaneswaran and Jay McGuiness.
"The boys think Max has shafted them," a source told British magazine new!
"They are really hurt by his behavior and decision to pack it all in.
"Not only has he sold his story but there are deep-rooted problems within the band that he's the source of, which have been ongoing for a while."
Siva spoke to Perez Hilton following Max's comments, saying he was "disappointed" in his band mate.
Tom and his girlfriend Kelsey Hardwick also appeared to respond to the singer opening up by posting angry messages on Twitter.
Despite the recent events, there will be no changes to their schedule of shows.
"Tensions are really high between the band but the tour will go ahead," the insider said.
"Max feels bad for selling his story and is desperately trying to stay in the boys' good books, so there's no way he won't do the tour.
"He also needs the money."
Max seemed to backtrack on Twitter by telling fans the split wasn't "the end" for The Wanted.
However, while addressing the future in his tell-all interview, the singer had seemed less certain.
"We had a very difficult conversation. Our manager Scooter Braun asked us who would want to take a step out after the tour and try to do their own thing. Me and Nathan both said we have other ambitions," Max revealed.
"We were more prepared than the others because we'd looked at how things had been going with the band over the past few months. As upsetting as it might be to some of the other guys, I have to live my life. Nathan and I haven't broken any promises either because we're both going to be on the tour."