Following recent successful tours in Spain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and three recording projects in Poland, the California-based Classical Concert Chamber Orchestra announces its first tour of Great Britain, February-March 2014.
The orchestra will play at 13 venues across Great Britain, starting on Sunday February 9th at Saint John Smith Square in London. Following concerts across England and Scotland, the tour will include a performance during the 300th anniversary of Saint John Smith Square, and end on March 1st in Croydon.
The concerts are titled “Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart – Violin Masterpieces”. Classical Concert Chamber Orchestra will perform the following programme:
J.S. Bach – Concerto for violin in A minor, BWV1041
A. Vivaldi – “The Four Seasons” (four violin concertos: RV 269, 315, 293, 297)
W.A. Mozart – Concerto for Violin in A major, K.219
This group of celebrated violin concertos will be performed by Ashot Tigranyan as violin soloist.
Since September 2012, Classical Concert Chamber Orchestra has performed across Europe in some of the world`s most important venues, including Barcelona’s Palau de la Musica, the Helsinki Music Centre" Helsingin musiikkitalo" , Grieg Hall "Grieghallen" in Bergen, Oslo Concert Hall "Oslo Konserthus", and the Berwaldhallen in Stockholm.
• LONDON – Saint John Smith Square, Sunday, February 9th, 7:30 pm
• GLASGOW – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Wednesday, February 12th, 7:30 pm
• EDINBURGH – Usher Hall, Thursday, February 13th, 7:30 pm
• NOTTINGHAM – Albert Hall, Saturday, February 15th, 7:30 pm
• LEEDS – Town Hall, Sunday, February 16th, 7:30 pm
• LIVERPOOL - St George"s Hall, Tuesday February 18th, 7.30pm
• BRADFORD – St George"s Hall, Wednesday, February 19th, 7:30 pm
• AYLESBURY – Waterside Theatre, Friday, February 21st, 7:30 pm
• SOUTHAMPTON – Turner Sims, Sunday, February 23rd, 7:30 pm
• STOKE ON TRENT – Victoria Hall, Tuesday, February 25th, 7:30 pm
• CHELTENHAM – Town Hall, Wednesday, February 26th, 7:30 pm
• CARDIFF – St David"s Hall, Thursday, February 27th, 7:30 pm
• FAIRFIELD – Croydon - Fairfield Hall, Saturday, March 1st, 7:30 pm
Ashot Tigranyan, founder and soloist of Classical Concert Chamber Orchestra, says about the tour, “Britain is one of the highlights of our European tour. With its rich culture in classical music, it is one destination which had to be on our list. We will be playing in some of the most beautiful venues in Great Britain with excellent acoustics”.
The next concert season will take the orchestra to such diverse locations as France, Italy, China, Russia and South America.