Just a few weeks ahead of an expected triumphant return to the UK, Bruce Springsteen says he still can’t believe health and safety officials pulled the plug on him and Sir Paul McCartney at Hyde Park last year.

Speaking to Absolute Radio’s Pete Donaldson the legendary Rocker said “I said to Sir Paul McCartney, jeez I can understand them pulling the plug on me, but aren’t you like a Knight or something? How could they do it to you?”

Bruce Springsteen is the confirmed headliner for Hard Rock Calling on Sunday 30 June; back for some unfinished business, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will bring The Wrecking Ball Tour to Hard Rock Calling its new venue at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.

PETE DONALDSON: Bruce, you’re heading to London very soon, is that a case of unfinished business? Are you going to pick up from where you left off or are you going to start again?

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: It was very interesting because I wasn’t aware that the plug had been pulled and people couldn’t hear what I was saying and then I went back and said to Sir Paul McCartney, jeez I can understand them pulling the plug on me, but aren’t you like a Knight or something?! How could they do it to you?! So we’ll see but we’re looking forward to coming back.”

LATEST NEWS

Sign-up