SAXON RE-ISSUE THREE CLASSIC ALBUMS
BMG ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE DELUXE REISSUES OF ‘INNOCENCE IS NO EXCUSE’,
‘ROCK THE NATIONS AND ‘DESTINY’ ON DELUXE COLOUR/SPLATTER VINYL & CD MEDIABOOK.
Saxon, over the decades have gone from being pioneers of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, to becoming one of the most successful UK rock acts of all time. The truth, though, is that Saxon have always transcended trends and eras. From 1979's 'Saxon' album to new album ‘Thunderbolt’, the band have enjoyed considerable success. Five Top 40 albums in the UK, with four Top 20 singles. And they were similarly successful in other parts of the world as well. It's no wonder their influence spread across the globe, and played a crucial role in the way we look at hard rock and heavy metal today.
INNOCENCE IS NO EXCUSE
Originally released on 24th June 1985, Saxon seventh album ‘Innocence Is No Excuse’ was their first for then new label EMI after their departure from Carrere Records. This was also their last album to feature long standing bassist Steve Dawson, who alongside vocalist Biff Byford, guitarists Graham Oliver and Paul Quinn and drummer Nigel Glockler recorded the album at Union Studios in Munich, Germany with producer Simon Hanhart. It was subsequently mixed at Wiseloord Studios in Hilversum, Netherlands. This version features the B-Sides of the singles ‘Back On The Streets’ and ‘Rock’n’roll Gypsy’ plus demo versions of tracks from the album recorded at Chapel Studio, Thorsby.
1. Rockin’ Again
2. Call Of The Wild
3. Back On The Streets
4. Devil Rides Out
5. Rock N’Roll Gipsy
6. Broken Heroes
7. Gonna Shout
8. Everybody Up
9. Raise Some Hell
10. Give It Everything You’ve Got
CD Bonus Tracks
11. Live Fast, Die Young (B-side of ‘Back On The Streets’
12. Krakatoa (B-side of ‘Rock N’Roll Gipsy’)
13. Broken Heroes (Chapel Studio demo)
14. Devil Rides Out (Chapel Studio demo)
15. Rock N’Roll Gipsy (Chapel Studio demo)
16. Rockin’ Again (Chapel Studio demo)
17. Gonna Shout (Chapel Studio demo)
ROCK THE NATIONS
On 13th October 1986 Saxon released their eighth studio album ‘Rock The Nations’. Recorded at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum in the Netherlands by Gary Lyons. Biff Byford, who had incidentally begun his career as a singer/bassist, recorded all the bass parts on the album, however Paul Johnson is credited on the album as he joined before the album was released. Rock The Nations also features the unlikely guest of Elton John on piano on the tracks ‘Northern Lady’ and ‘Party Til You Puke’. This version features radio edits of the singles from the album, some live B-Sides and three songs recorded by the BBC from Saxon’s set at 1986’s, Reading Festival.
1. Rock The Nations
2. Battle Cry
3. Waiting For The Night
4. We Came Here To Rock
5. You Ain’t No Angel
6. Running Hot
7. Party Til You Puke
8. Empty Promises
9. Northern Lady
CD Bonus Tracks
10. Chase The Fade (B-side of ‘Waiting For The Night’)
11. Waiting For The Night (7” single edit)
12. Northern Lady (7” single edit)
13. Everybody Up (Live in Madrid, B-side of ‘Northern Lady’)
14. Dallas 1pm (Live in Madrid, B-side of ‘Northern Lady’)
15. Power & The Glory (BBC Live At Reading Festival ’86)
16. Rock The Nations (BBC Live At Reading Festival ’86)
17. Waiting For The Night (BBC Live At Reading Festival ’86)
Saxon’s ninth studio album, ‘Destiny’ was originally released on 20th June 1988 and was produced by Stephan Galfas at Hook And Manor studio in Berkshire, England. It is the only album to feature the rhythm section of Nigel Durham (drums) and Paul Johnson (bass) alongside long serving members Biff Byford (vocals), Graham Oliver (guitar) and Paul Quinn (guitar). Being a fan of Christopher Cross’ song writing, Biff came up with the idea of covering his track ‘Ride Like The Wind’ as the albums lead single, after giving it a ‘Wheels Of Steel’ style makeover. This version includes a 12” mix of ‘I Can’t Wait Anymore’ plus live B-Sides and some alternative monitor mixes.. .
1. Ride Like The Wind
2. Where The Lightning Strikes
3. I Can’t Wait Anymore
4. Calm Before The Storm
6. Song For Emma
7. For Whom The Bell Tolls
8. We Are Strong
9. Jericho Siren
10. Red Alert
CD Bonus Tracks
11. I Can’t Wait Anymore (12 mix)
12. Rock The Nations (Live At Hammersmith, B-side of ‘Ride Like The Wind’)
13. Broken Heroes (Live In Madrid, B-side of ‘I Can’t Wait Anymore’)
14. Gonna Shout (Live In Madrid, B-side of ‘I Can’t Wait Anymore’)
15. Ride Like The Wind (Monitor mix)
16. For Whom The Bells Tolls (Monitor mix)
YouTube trailer link: -https://youtu.be/8wLA_ohwHJc
Release date: 10th August 2018
Twitter: @SaxonofficialTo enter let us know what tickets are on sale on our ticket partner page.
Just send an email with SAXON in the subject line to email@example.com please list your name, EMAIL, ADDRESS, TWITTER HANDLE (if available) AND what tickets are on sale here.
It's that simple! Best of luck!
You can double your chances by liking & retweeting the competition on our new Competitions Club page @competitionsC. Good luck & tag friends for extra entries.
For more competitions entries visit our network sites Film-News.co.uk
, Theatre-News.com and Game-News.co.uk.
Get the competitions delivered directly to you by signing up to our newsletter here.
Promoter Terms and conditions.