added: 29 Jul 2014 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Toby Keith remains the Country Cash King according to Forbes Magazine.
In a survey of income (royalties, ticket sales, publishing, merchandise, endorsement deals, etc.) of the artists in the country music community, Keith comes out on top with $65 million last year, a million more than country/pop crossover queen Taylor Swift.
Those two are in a total league of their own as the third place artist, Kenny Chesney, is a full $20 million behind Swift.
Among veteran country artists besides Keith and Chesney, Keith Urban is at 7, George Strait at 9 and Tim McGraw at 11.
Expect that Garth Brooks, who missed the list, could be back up among the country elite next year based on his upcoming tour.
The Country top 13 rich list
01. Toby Keith, $65 million
02. Taylor Swift, $64 million
03. Kenny Chesney, $44 million
04. Jason Aldean, $37 million
05. Luke Bryan, $34 million
06. Zac Brown Band, $29 million
07. Keith Urban, $28 million
08. Rascal Flatts, $27 million
09. George Strait, $26 million
10. Florida Georgia Line, $24 million
11. Tim McGraw, $23.5 million
12 (tie). Blake Shelton, $23 million
12 (tie). Brad Paisley, $23 million