added: 20 Jun 2014 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Future Of The Left, Amon Tobin, John Parish, Future Of The Left and Seefeel are among some of the biggest names in alternative music who have donated new and exclusive material to a new album called Music For A Good Home 3 to raise money for UK housing and homelessness charity Shelter.
Music For a Good Home 3 takes in everything from the woozy electronica of Barn Owl, Pye Corner Audio and Eluvium, through to the earnest songwriting of Tall Firs and Dave Heumann (Arbouretum). There's also the offbeat pop of Grumbling Fur and Esben and the Witch, going alongside the off-the-wall experimentation of Magik Markers, Chrome Hoof and Xiu Xiu.
The album, which also features Dirty Beaches and Metz on its 31-strong tracklist, is released on 16 June for a minimum donation of £7 to Shelter at www.musicforagoodhome.com
John Parish, who donated brand new track 'That Car', said: 'I had no hesitation in agreeing to donate a track when Audioscope approached me. It is depressing to witness successive government policies not only failing to address the problem of homelessness, but frequently exacerbating it. Organisations like Shelter have never been more necessary. What's great about the Audioscope project is that it's using new and innovative music - they're not interested in putting out a charity record that you might buy because you supported the cause, but were unlikely to ever listen to - Audioscope are promoting good music and raising money for a vital and underfunded service at the same time. I salute that.'
The full tracklisting for Music For A Good Home 3 is:
1. Amon Tobin ' Madam Larivee (digital exclusive)
2. John Parish ' That Car (exclusive)
3. Future Of The Left ' Home Taping Is Killing Susan (from sold-out tour EP, unavailable elsewhere)
4. Grumbling Fur ' Bogwalker (exclusive)
5. Seefeel ' Ever Me (demo) (exclusive)
6. Esben and the Witch ' Strangers in a Sunless Valley (exclusive)
7. Pye Corner Audio ' Tension (exclusive)
8. Dirty Beaches ' Diaspora (exclusive)
9. Metz ' Leave Me Out
10. The Fauns ' 7 Hours (Lost Bass demo mix) (exclusive)
11. Eluvium ' Cognition Interlace (exclusive)
12. Tall Firs ' Shovel Handle (exclusive)
13. Fixers ' I Think This City Needs A Beach (We Need A Wasteland) (exclusive)
14. Flowers of Hell ' Heiligen (exclusive)
15. Belbury Poly ' The Glomp (exclusive)
16. Dave Heumann (Arbouretum) ' Willi O' Winsbury (exclusive)
17. Barn Owl ' Silvertraces (exclusive)
18. Danny Paul Grody (Tarentel, The Drift) ' Hidden Valley (exclusive)
19. Thought Forms ' Without Son (exclusive)
20. Wolf People ' Kitchen (exclusive)
21. Karhide ' Give Shelter (exclusive)
22. Salvation Bill ' Blackwood (exclusive)
23. Land Observations ' Via Cassia (exclusive)
24. Chrome Hoof ' When The Lightning Strikes (extended version) (exclusive)
25. Melodien ' Rayograph #469 (exclusive)
26. Spring Offensive ' Synapse to Synapse (previously available to album pledgers only)
27. Walls ' Touch & Vision (exclusive)
28. Six by Seven ' Breakdown (exclusive)
29. Xiu Xiu ' Paper Mario (exclusive)
30. Epic45 ' Weathering (Bracken remix) (exclusive)
31. Magik Markers ' Detail of Judith with the Head of Holofernes (exclusive)
Future Of The Left, who have donated a rare and now unavailable track, said:
"Being able to contribute to a compilation that actually does more than become a forgotten list of songs or a dusty drink coaster in the case of a CD is a wonderful thing, especially when it is in aid of helping the homeless. Shelter and Audioscope working together facilitates an invaluable resource and hub of support for those who are genuinely in need and we, Future Of The Left, are incredibly happy that we are able to help by being a part of this project."
Alongside Music For A Good Home 3, the Oxford-based Audioscope will release a special 'Oxford Edition' to celebrate the very best of the Oxfordshire local scene, with 18 exclusive tracks from the leading lights of the city's music scene, such as The Scholars and Jess Hall. The Oxford Edition is also available to download from www.musicforagoodhome.com for a £4 minimum donation to Shelter.
This album's predecessor, Music For A Good Home 2 was released in 2012 as a download and features 40 exclusive tracks from artists such as Four Tet, Wire, Ride and Beak>. It is also available for a £5 minimum donation to Shelter at www.musicforagoodhome.com