added: 15 May 2014 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Justin Bieber's attempted robbery accuser was the 'instigator', according to a new report.
The 20-year-old pop star is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department following an alleged incident at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park on Monday night.
Sources told TMZ Justin was accused of snatching the cell phone of a woman who was snapping photos of him at the venue.
However, an employee at the batting cage where the incident allegedly occurred now tells the website Justin never made physical contact with the woman, who the employee purportedly described as the 'instigator'.
'She says Bieber was upset, but never got physical with the woman in any way ... and definitely didn't try to grab her phone,' the outlet reports.
A source meanwhile told the New York Daily News Justin was "just enjoying hanging out with friends at the batting cage and playing mini-golf" when the apparent altercation occurred.
"There were a lot of different people taking Justin's picture, which is totally normal," the insider said. "This just wasn't a big deal, the woman didn't stand out. This is another example of someone making an issue where there isn't one.'
The outlet reports the woman later filed a police report.
"The case remains under investigation with detectives conducting numerous interviews," a LAPD spokesperson said Wednesday.
Justin has had several brushes with the law in recent months, including an arrest for DUI earlier this year and accusations from a neighbour, who claims he pelted their house with eggs, causing $20,000 of damage.