added: 18 Feb 2014 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Today, international charity and educational partner Free The Children, in partnership with lead sponsors Virgin Atlantic and Barclays, announced Jennifer Hudson, Dizzee Rascal, Harry Potter actress, Evanna Lynch, Birdy, Glee's Jacob Artist, Pretty Little Liars actress, Shay Mitchell, Sam and the Womp, internationally acclaimed vocal group The Tenors amongst others will join Malala Yousafzai, former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, Ellie Goulding and Clive Owen for the first ever We Day UK on Friday 7 March 2014 at Wembley Arena.
Hosted by MTV's Laura Whitmore, Bluey Robinson and Lilah Parsons the day will be full of educational speeches, inspirational moments and show-stopping performances. The A-list entertainers and world-renowned leaders are lending their voice to the We Day movement and sharing their passions, international experiences and causes they care about with the 12,000 young people in attendance.
'We Day captures the very spirit that my sister and I continue to spread within our own organisation, the Julian D. King Gift Foundation. It's that inspiration of the next generation that will bring change to this world. I've been a part of We Day in North America and the energy from these young people who come together to make a difference is simply contagious.'
Jennifer Hudson said 'I'm so excited to be part of the first ever We Day in the UK. I'm really proud to be part of an event that encourages people around the world to work together and to take action on social issues and promote positive change.'
Birdy commented 'The first time I spoke at We Day last year, I was so blown away by the passion and energy of students who worked so hard to earn their way into the event. It's so important for young people to understand issues that affect them and how they can play a role in being part of the solution. I'm so honoured to be back on the We Day stage and to share the excitement of this movement with students across the UK for the first time.'
The full line-up for We Day UK announced to date includes:
• Malala Yousafzai (@Malalafund) ' International education activist and co-founder of Malala Fund
• Jennifer Hudson (@IAMJHUD) ' Academy® and GRAMMY® award-winning actress and musician and co-founder of the Julian D. King Gift Foundation
• Ellie Goulding (@elliegoulding) ' Brit award-winning songstress
• Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore (@algore)
• Birdy (@OfficialBirdy) ' BRITS nominated singer / songwriter
• Jacob Artist (@jacobartist) ' Actor from the Emmy® award-winning series Glee
• Dizzee Rascal (@DizzeeRascal) ' Mercury Music Prize, Ivor Novello and Brit award-winning artist
• Sam and the Womp (@samandthewomp) ' chart-topping three piece Brit music group
• Clive Owen ' Multi-award-winning actor
• Evanna Lynch (@Evy_Lynch) ' actress known for her role of Luna Lovegood in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise
• Shay Mitchell (@shaymitch) ' Actress from the hit television series Pretty Little Liars
• MTV hosts Bluey Robinson (@BlueyRobinson), Lilah Parsons (@lilahparsons) and Laura Whitmore (@thewhitmore) ' Co-hosts for We Day UK
• Jamal Edwards (@jamaledwards) ' CEO and founder of SB.TV
• The Tenors (@TenorsMusic) ' Award-winning, multi-platinum vocal super group , who were last seen to British fans on Strictly Come Dancing and at the Diamond Jubilee ceremonies. Joined by up-and-coming hip hop sensation, Young Stitch (@YoungStitchSS)
• Martine Wright (@martine_wright) ' Paralympian
• Iiro Seppänen (@iiroseppanen) ' Finnish producer, co-founder of the World Wingsuit League (WWL) and retired professional BASE jumper
• Jeb Corliss (@jebcorliss) ' Professional skydiver and BASE jumper
• Lord Rumi Verjee ' Co-Chair of We Day UK
• Sir Richard Branson (@richardbranson) - Founder of the Virgin Group
• Holly Branson (@HollyBranson) ' Free The Children ambassador and Co-Chair of We Day UK
• Sam Branson (@sambranson) ' Social entrepreneur, adventurer and film maker
• Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) ' International activists and co-founders of Free The Children
• Spencer West (@spencer2west) ' Free The Children ambassador, Me to We inspirational speaker, author and double amputee who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro on his hands and in his wheelchair
• Molly Burke (@mollymetowe) ' Visually impaired Me to We motivational speaker who speaks out against bullying and the power of hope