added: 20 Oct 2013 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Lady Gaga, Sir Elton John and Liberace are the stars with the most outrageous stage outfits, according to the British public.
Over 2000 Brits were polled to mark the Blu-ray and DVD release of the gloriously entertaining Behind The Candelabra, the story of the glamorous life of entertainer Liberace.
Famously flamboyant Lady Gaga and THAT meat dress took the top spot (20%). The dress, which was made from raw beef flank, was worn by Lady Gaga to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards and was named top fashion statement of the year by Time magazine. Versions of the dress have since been worn by Gaga on tour, whilst the original dress has since been preserved by taxidermists and is now on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Gaga said of the dress: "It has many interpretations, but for me, it's 'If we don't stand up for what we believe in, we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're gonna have as much rights as the meat on our bones.'"
The full top ten:
11. Lady Gaga ' Meat dress (20%)
12. Sir Elton John ' Donald Duck costume (13%)
13. Liberace ' Sixteen feet long white fur coat (9%)
14. Red Hot Chilli Peppers ' Naked except for sock (8%)
15. Freddie Mercury ' White trousers and vest, braces, crown, cape and cane (7%)
16. Madonna ' Jean Paul Gaultier conical bra (6%)
17. David Bowie ' One armed, one legged catsuit (6%)
18. Elvis ' Rhinestone encrusted white jumpsuit (5%)
19. Britney Spears ' Snake round neck (4%)
20. Miley Cyrus ' Nude PVC bikini (3%)
Stay updated with your free Music News daily newsletter. Subscribe here now!