added: 16 Aug 2013 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Chris Brown's hit-and-run case has been dismissed.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's office brought the case against the 24-year-old singer in May after he was involved in a minor car accident.
Alleged victim Olga Gure-Kovalenko claimed Chris refused to hand over his insurance and driver's licence information at the scene, which is an offence in California. However she reportedly wanted the case to be dismissed as the damage was so insignificant.
The DA pursued it anyway and presented their argument to a judge on Thursday.
According to TMZ, the Los Angeles City Attorney told the magistrate Chris was aggressive toward the victim at the scene of the accident, calling her a 'b***h'.
'The City Attorney also argued that Brown was on felony probation and therefore his alleged misconduct of leaving the scene without anteing up a California driver's license was all the more serious.'
But the argument won no favour with the court and Chris, who is on probation stemming from his 2009 conviction for assaulting ex-girlfriend Rihanna walked free.
The singer pled not-guilty to the hit-and-run charge last month.
Two of the misdemeanours originally brought against the musician by prosecutors - driving without a valid licence and no proof of insurance - had already been dismissed.
The singer's attorney, Mark Geragos, spoke after the hearing, insisting his client's violent reputation unfairly precedes him.
"The case never should have been filed in the first place,' the lawyer said. 'It's unfortunate he was being prosecuted for who he is rather than what he's done.
If he had been found guilty, the musician could have faced up to four years in prison.
Stay updated with your free Music News daily newsletter. Subscribe here now!