added: 23 Nov 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
The viral sensation of the year, PSY's 'Gangnam Style' is about to become the most viewed YouTube video in history, according to Starcount.com, the social media leaderboard.
The South Korean superstar shot to fame earlier this year with his infamous horse dance, inspiring hundreds of parodies from fans.
At the time of press (11am GMT on 23rd November), PSY's 'Gangnam Style' has 794 million views on YouTube, just behind the long standing frontrunner, Justin Bieber's 'Baby', at 803 million views - released more than 2 1/2 years ago. However, PSY has, remarkably, achieved this feat in just four months, gaining an average of 11 million views per day.
With Bieber's 'Baby' now averaging 1 million views a day, 'Gangnam Style' is on track to become the world's most popular YouTube video over the weekend.
Meanwhile, PSY has already set the record for the most "liked" video on youtube, having taken this top spot in September, with 'Gangnam Style' now counting over 5m likes, three times the next nearest (LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem). His official YouTube channel (officialpsy) also reached 1 billion views last week, although he is still far from the 3 billion views of Justin Bieber's channel (JustinBieberVEVO) - which includes many other hits in addition to 'Baby'.
However, 'Gangnam Style' can already lay claim to being the most viral, fastest growing video of all time, and if momentum remains starcount.com predicts it may - perhaps before year end - become the first video in history to celebrate 1 billion YouTube views.
Top 10 videos, by all time YouTube views.
1. Justin Bieber 'Baby' - 803.2 million
2. PSY 'Gangnam Style' - 794.7 million
3. Jennifer Lopez 'On the Floor' - 623.8 million
4. Eminem 'Love the Way You Lie' - 516.6 million
5. LMFAO 'Party Rock Anthem' - 502.4 million
6. Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)' - 500.6 million
7. Charlie bit my finger again! - 497.2 million
8. Lady Gaga 'Bad Romance' - 497 million
9. Michel Telo 'Ai Se Eu Te Pego - 460.5 million
10. Eminem 'Not Afraid' - 375.2 million
And just in case you're the only one on earth to miss it, here it is again.