added: 13 Nov 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Paul Weller kicked off a new Channel 4 live music series recorded at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios last Friday and Music-News.com were lucky enough to be there.
Abbey Road Studios: in Session with Volkswagen Beetle begins on Channel 4 and 4OD on 14th November. The opening show will be a 45-minute special which will be made up of the best bits of the 1 hour 40min set.
Paul Weller delved into his back catalogue pulling tracks from each incarnation. The classic 'Strange Town' from the early epic Jam days, 'You're The Best Thing' from The Style Council years and a plethora of hits from his solo repertoire.
Looking relaxed in a black jacket and blue t-shirt Weller stepped onto the stage with his five-piece band to play 'Changing Man', 'Into Tomorrow' and 'Moonshine' stopping only to light up a cigarette.
The weekly sessions will feature a mix of established and emerging artists including Mercury Prize winners Alt-J, Mercury Prize nominees Django Django and The Maccabees, plus Foals, Biffy Clyro, The Vaccines and Two Door Cinema Club.
The new TV series Abbey Road Studios: in Session with Volkswagen Beetle, hits screens for the first time on Channel 4 and 4OD on 14th November just after midnight and airs each Wednesday thereafter.
The shows include:
• Episode one: Paul Weller (45 minutes)
• Episode two: The Maccabees/Django Django (30 minutes)
• Episode three: Civil Wars/Kyle Eastwood Band (30 minutes)
• Episode four: The Vaccines/Jake Bugg (30 minutes)
• Episode five: Foals/Alt-J (30 minutes)
• Episode six: First Aid Kit/Kristina Train (30 minutes)
• Episode seven: Biffy Clyro/Two Door Cinema Club (30 minutes)
• Episode eight: one hour special featuring a previously unseen performance from each of the series' 13 acts (60 minutes)
Channel 4 and London's legendary Abbey Road Studios have teamed-up with Volkswagen to create the series in celebration of the return of the iconic Volkswagen Beetle.
For more information on the new Volkswagen Beetle click here and check out their Facebook page here