added: 21 Jun 2012 // by: Music-News.com Newsdesk
Over 400 arts events take place in 80 venues for 52 days across the heart of London's creative district.
This summer, the creative community of Shoreditch proudly steps up to present its first ever Fringe Festival, a seven week arts programme bursting with imaginative, innovative events and animating one of London's most vibrant, diverse and creative hubs.
From Village Underground to Unruly Media, Barbican, to Bedroom Bar, Rosemary Branch to Richmix, Bar Kick to Bar Music Hall, Queen of Hoxton to Hoxton Hall, everyone's on board!
More than 700 artists, venues and organisations come together to present the very best in arts and culture to audiences throughout the creative melting pot of Shoreditch.
Inspired by the spirit of the pioneering Edinburgh Fringe, the trail of cultural activity will fill the area's bars, pubs, theatres, galleries, clubs, parks and open spaces with a high profile, dynamic range of art, performance and digital media.
'I'm thrilled to be heading up such an amazing venture in its inaugural year. Shoreditch is bursting with creative talent and the range of art forms and events makes the programme really special, a mashed up smorgasbord of East London promise'
Susanna Roland Festival Director
Reflecting the quirky DNA and the DIY vibe of the area, the Shoreditch Fringe is an open access festival, inviting participation from all, with the large the small, established, emerging, arty, subversive, leaders and shakers all coming together to create and present a fantastic range of work packed into the seven week festival period.
Expect an eclectic range of events and unusual experiences bought to you by the areas leading creative's sparks with something in the bag for everyone no matter their age taste or background with something to see, feel, watch, download or do.
For further information visit www.shoreditchfringe.org
Shoreditch Fringe Festival
Seven weeks of mind blowing culture
6th July ' 27th August 2012
• The Boglewalltz Tropical Garden Party
• The BookStock Street Party
• Desperados presents Desperados Nights ' specially curated music and art events throughout the festival
• Classical recitals at LSO and Shoreditch Church & Swing at the Bishopsgate Institute
• Dub at Village Underground with Adrian Sherwood & Neo Disco Punk at Bar Music Hall
• Grinder, a unique interactive 121 theatre tour with you and your smart phone, where live performers and augmented reality merge on the streets of Shoreditch
• Naked Homo, a site specific one man naked show, taking place in Expectations fetish shop on Old Street and presented by award winning theatre company Theatre North
• Performances in the street with Cardboard Citizens and international theatre with catalan clown Leandre as part of Showtime presented by Mayor of London and London 2012 Festival
• London Mex Fest sees Richmix partner with Moreilla International Film Festival, Ambulante and the British Council & Mexican Embassy for a massive three day celebration of Mexican cinema, art and culture, featuring all the latest releases from Cannes, talks, food and exhibitions
• East London Film Festival takes over Richmix
• The Queen of Hoxton presents its famous rooftop cinema club with panoramic city views and personal headphones
• Weather it's Raining or Not, a tongue-in-cheek weather installation in Hoxton Square, presented by RIBA as part of the London Festival of Architecture
• Traces ' an immersive sensory art installation in a secret location
• Exhibitions will be open in spaces throughout Shoreditch, including The Stone Roses at Londonewcastle, acoustic photography at Long White Cloud, Brazilian Graphics at kemestry, Roma Sinti Kale Manush at Rivington Place plus Red gallery & Pure Evil
• Ministry of Stories presents the Embassy for Children
• As part of Mayor of London's Secrets: Hidden London the Owl & the Pussy Cat takes place along with the canal in collaboration with the ROH2
• Shoreditch Festival welcomes the Olympic Torch in Hackney on July 21st, with free music, art and performances
• Kazzum Theatre will bring a children's theatre tour to local venues throughout Shoreditch
• The Hoxton Street Party on July 14th will be a day of performance, art and music produced by The Shoreditch Festival with Barbican Arts
A further programme of exhibitions, games, concerts and street festivals, as well as a number of arty underground pop up parties and music events with Desperados Beer will be announced in due course.